Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Karrat: My first puppet

Say hello to my very first puppet, Karrat! Let me tell you a little bit about Karrat and his origins. I made Karrat because I was Jim Henson for my school's biography project, and really wanted to go all out. And also i was just very interested in puppets and wanted my own. Karrat is a very fun character, with a very high voice quite similair to Elmo. In the picture he has no hair, but i did give him a fluffy red doo. His name is Karrat because he is color blind and believes that his body is orange, and his hair is green.

Below is a picture of Karrat in progress. I just traced out a pattern of the shape i wanted him to be, head, body, and arms all together, cut them out on two pieces of fleece, and sewed them together. It was very badly traced, he is very assymetrical, one side of head rounder than the other, one arm longer than the other, the fingers just totally messed up. So in all, he was a very faulty design. Although, for a first attempt I'm very proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment